[NTLK] Newbie GPS help?

From: Myles Roberts (myles.roberts_at_talk21.com)
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 13:43:24 PDT

I would dearly love to get my 2100 working as a GPS
receiver, can anyone help me by suggesting what
equipment I am going to need to get it all going?

I understand that I need a PCMCIA GPS revceiver using
NMEA(whatever that may be) and GPS map apart from that
I am a bit lost in how it all will work.

Will I be able to use it as a route planner? is GPS
map the best app? are there lots of maps available for
GPS apps?

Basically I would like to be able to input an address
(or at least a lon/lat reference and have my newt
guide me there.

Any help would be most useful, I have only just
started looking into messing around with my newt and
really want to see what it can do (I like the idea of
using it as a TV remote, thats just mad!!)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Myles.