Re: [NTLK] Jaggies follow up - plus a hypothetical...

From: W L (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 20:25:35 PDT

Usually the 'system soup' has a corrupt entry, that screws up the x/y/z
input so you get the jaggies if it's software related.

I also noted that one or more plug-in's can be corrupt and/or conflict
with another pkg., also causing system input jaggies. I use a OS 1.x
software and I always get jaggies with it unless I freeze it, then do a
soft reset, then jaggies-free until I use the app. again. YMMV

Some apps. take and keep heap ram even though you close the app.,
sometimes a soft reset clears it up, other times a brainwipe is necessary.

On one of my Newts. it's so bad I've got 50+ pkg icons doing the '10011'
error bit, gotta backup and restore without most pkgs. :-( With over
600 pkgs. on the 32 meg. card it's gonna be a while to reinstall most of
the software.

Anyway, a piece of paper about 1-2 mm thick has helped one other Newt.
due to the overly thick bezel effect where the tab holds the cover door
to the newt. YMMV.

Good luck. I still use my main three newts., and still have my nine
backup/test-bed Newts. :-) Only problem is to figure out which ones
get Adriano's accessories. :-P