Re: [NTLK] Subject: Re: APPLE NEWTON 2100/2000 EMATE WIRELESS NETWORK INTERFACE CAR

From: Paul Curtis (Nations One Mortgage) (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 19:36:12 PDT

Alrighty then, there seems to be a pattern here with bootstrapping and WiFi
questions...

Because I've been learning a new trade for the last 11 months I'll blow the
dust off everything for all those who need this help...

First, connectivity. We need to know what you have to connect with to get
past being bootstrapped. Check all that apply.

[ ]Apple/Mac
[ ]Windows
[ ]Ir Port on Desktop/Laptop
[ ]Serial (I hope not)
[ ]Flash Storage Card
[ ]Another Newton MP that has connectivity or needed files

Once I know this, I'll respond with your specifics.

Second, WiFi. I pulled out the Grateful Dead MP2100 out and I'm going to
wipe it and do a fresh install for the WiFi stuff. I use the vaunted Buffalo
Air Station WLI-PCM-L11GP PCMCIA card, can't say enough good things about
this card. This card doesn't need any additional drivers beyond Hirochi's.
Once I get the fresh install completed, I'll send a detailed list of .pkg's
and their specific order. ***Please note that I will only be connecting to a
Non-WEP WiFi connection***.

Please stay tuned for this mini-tutorial. And D.J., please feel free to
reconstitute and publish on the Wiki for me!

Best Regards,

Paul Curtis
Certified Mortgage Planner
BBC Group, a division of Nations One Mortgage

(517) 775-6666 Cell (Voice Mail)
(517) 579-3283 Office
(866) 263-2956 Toll-Free Office
(517) 548-9735 Facsimile