[NTLK] OS 10.4 Tiger - no Appletalk

From: Steve Meyer (meyerst_at_uwstout.edu)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 13:09:58 PDT

Hello List,

Just a note, I think anyone running Newton Connection Utilities in OS
9.2/Classic may have a problem connecting with their Newtons (over Wifi
or Ethernet) after updating to OS 10.4 Tiger. Macintouch reports the
following:

"Tiger eliminates AppleTalk file-sharing compatibility, so you have to
switch older Macs to enable TCP/IP in the File Sharing control panel."

If I understand things correctly, Newton OS 2.X will not connect via
TCP/IP over Appletalk.

So, hang on to that old Beige G3 and that serial cable or don't update
to Tiger!

Steve Meyer
Apple Service
UW-Stout