Re: [NTLK] Random rant

From: hellsop_at_ninehells.com
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 11:31:10 PST

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 02:08:21PM -0500, Apostolos Koutropoulos wrote:
> Wow, what a rant!
> Well to receive a file, if you have a serial or USB connection, just by
> virtue of having the device plugged in you should have instant connectivity
> (unless otherwise specified).
> For other wireless methods... I think it would be a battery drain to have
> WiFi, BT, IR and any other methods of communication that your device might
> have all on at the same time (but hey that's just me).

SHouldn't have to be on for very long. 20-30 seconds if nothing comes
in, and less time if something does. It'll know when it's done.

> The thing that annoys me mostly is sending files. If I go to my file, select
> and do a "send", if BT or IR are not on and I select that method, I get an
> error message. Well, if I am trying to send something over BT, and BT isn't
> on...why don't you just turn it on for me, send, and turn it off when you
> are done??? :-)

Exactly the issue. Other sources have claimed that some/all Palm devices
send the ownder card by holding down the cardfile button. I've ask how
many steps it takes to recieve one.

--
"This place is evil! We need weapons! Crossbows! Rocket Launchers!
Rent-a-zilla!"