Re: [NTLK] eMate Wireless with WEP

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 23:59:51 PST

On Mar 30, 2005, at 7:52 PM, saxon wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am wondering if any of you have experience/advice using Hiroshi's
> Lucent
> WLAN driver in registered (paid) mode with WEP enabled and/or roaming
> enabled. My eMate setup for wireless works perfectly with a non-WEP
> AP, but
> not when WEP is enabled (and the appropriate key entered of course).
> I'd
> also like to use roaming which I assume means looking for SSIDs and
> choosing one.

The Newton (including emate) can't currently browse for wireless
networks as you describe. It doesn't have that software...

Regarding WEP, I use the driver with 40(64)bit WEP, and it works fine.
Depends also on the card you are using though. Wavelan Silver works
for me, but the gold doesn't...

Marty