Re: [NTLK] Adaptor for eMate

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 16:15:37 PST

> So, as I understand I have two options now:
> buy a 'real' Newton adapter (19$) or a 7V adapter(?$)

For a start, a 7V adapter would mean you wouldn't
be able to get the batteries fully charged. You'll need
7.5 Volt for that.

Apart from that, unsing ANY third party adapter is
tempting fate, regardless of whether it is labeled 7V
or not. I have a cheap unregulated supply that can be
switched from 3 to 12 Volt in 1.5 Volt steps. In the
7.5 Volt setting the voltage is in fact almost 25 Volt
as long as there is no load connected.

Frank