Re: [NTLK] Mail V and SimpleMail installed on the same Newton?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 20:41:55 PST

Frank Gruendel wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> since my email provider supports imap as of lately,
> I would like to give it a try. Cautious as I am, I'd
> rather not give up my well-working pop / smtp SimpleMail.
> Is it possible to use both on the same Newton, or would
> they get in each others way?

You can't have both at the same time. You can upgrade from SimpleMail
to Mail V by just deleting simple mail and installing Mail V (It will
update the setups etc). However you can't just put SimpleMail back on
that same Newt (even after deleting Mail V) and have it work. You need
to delete all the preferences etc from Mail V before SimpleMail will
work again. There is a package that will do this. But of course you
will loose all your setups.

The only work around (that I know of anyway) for this is to backup the
Newt. Try Mail V and if you don't like it, delete Mail V then restore
the system soup from the backup. It should then be like nothing changed.

-Dan