Re: [NTLK] Syncing eMate with eMac

From: Clayton Mitchell (claytonmitchell_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 08:47:16 PST

On Mar 17, 2005, at 10:23 AM, Grietje Keller wrote:

> I did uninstall the OSX drivers of the keyspan. Then tried NCU, and I
> get
> the following message:
>
> "Could not initialize the Serial connection because the P#2USA28X1 is
> being
> used."
>
> The eMate is connected to the Keyspan on port 1 and I tried also on
> port 2,
> In the preferences I can set the Newton connection to Printer port,
> P#2USA28X1 and Apple Talk, I did tick only P#2USA28X1.

it sounds like you have set apple talk to use that port so it is not
available for the serial connection. Try un-checking the box for port
2 and checking it for port 1 in NCU, or turning off apple talk for port
2. Appletalk can only use one port at a time.

> In the keyspan USA-28x Manager, I see: Port #1, port name "printer
> Port USB"
> And if I choose Port #2 I see: P#2USA28X1.
> I don't understand what this means.

it is just the name that keyspan has given the port. I think it says
P(ort)#(number)2(name of port)USA28X(name of adapter)1(revision of
adapter)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Clayton Mitchell
Director