[NTLK] With Startup -48200 error !

From: A vd Kolk (newtontalk_at_appleforever.xs4all.nl)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 06:46:17 PST

Hello Newton Folks,

After I reunite myself with my Newt 2100. I searched for MacOS X
Compatibility....
I was surprised at the wonderful achievements of people around....

Configuration:
Newton 2100 & eMate 300
Ethernet Card Farallon EtherWave & -Mac PN:16-0035-000 Rev: A PCMCIA
2.1/PC Card Standard
with Farallon Combo Connector (green light)
Newton 4MB Storagecard (os 2.0+)
OS 2.1 717260-1 Nie-Patch-v4

I can't figure out why this -48200 error occurs....
I have also problems with ethernet connections using (TCP/IP):

- Escale, after package install Escale stops giving a response (have
to Force Quit).
(Package install via Newton, via Escale package gets installed but
connection drops giving -28009 error on Newton) Escale
Settings: checked tcp/ip - appletalk / port 3679 open in FW /
Rendezvous / Include Metadata in AB.

Synchronize stops after a certain period it stops ginving -28009 on Newton ?

- Delivery works better (package install works like a charm)
Unless after end connection via Newton, Delivery stops responding,
have to Force Quit).
Settings: TCP/IP Rendezvous, first before running server...

All latest versions...

I want to refurbish mine.

Missing:

- Clamps for screencover (1x0
- New Serialport Door
- Maybe New Backlight (it's fine now, but you never know)

Near Future:
- More Mem using CF/
- Wavelan Card (brands)
- Bluetooth PC Card (experiences with f.e. Blunt)

I know my way arounf, but can you advise me on this, wich software is
the best option f.i. ?

In the vast choice of apps...wich are the most used and handy apps at
the moment (pref. freeware or cheap costs)....

Greetz,

Arnoud van de Kolk
Van Aldenburglaan 26
6994 AW De Steeg