Re: [NTLK] Syncing eMate with eMac

From: Grietje Keller (grietje_at_xs4all.nl)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 14:15:37 PST

Dear Clayton Mitchell & Martin Joseph,

On 3/16/05 6:44 PM, "Martin Joseph" <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:
> On Mar 16, 2005, at 8:09 AM, Grietje Keller wrote:
>
>> I switched from an iMac (os9) to an eMac (osX) and I installed my
>> keyspan on the eMac (i hope correctly), and now I can't connect/backup
anymore my eMate anymore. I tried first to go into classic mode and use the same
>> software (Newton Connection Utilities) as on the iMac, but that didn't work.
>> Then I downloaded NewtSync, but that doesn't work either. It does see
>> my Keyspan, but never reaches my eMate.

> There is an issue if both drivers (OS9 and OSX) are installed. Did you
> install in both systems?

Yes I did install them on both drivers.

> There is apparently a trick that involves unplugging the keyspan and
> then replugging it just as classic as starting up, which allows it to
> grab control of the adapter and communicate via NCU....

I would prefer sync in OSX, though I don't know whether NewtSync is as good
as NCU was for me. So what I understand is, that I should uninstall the
Keyspan OS9 driver. (with help of the link Clayton gave me in the other
mail)

> Also, did you install NCU from it's installer? Drag copying only the
> program won't work since it has a bunch of communication extensions.

I did copy the whole old system from my old iMac to my new eMac.

Thank you both for your help.
Greetings, Grietje Keller, Amsterdam