Re: [NTLK] (OT) Datarover

From: Richard Kilpatrick (dmc12_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 12:01:58 PST

On 16 Mar 2005, at 19:07, Richard Clark wrote:

> Hello list, just wanted to let you guys know how my ebay purchase of a
> datarover went. I'm not sure if the dates are exact because it has been
> a few months and all traces of my purchase have vanished from Ebay I
> was under the mistaken impression that they auctions were kept for 90
> days and it turns out it was only 60. On December 23,2004 i used the
> buy it now to purchase a new Datarover from Hiddentreasure4u or
> something like that,

Well Richard, I bought a Datarover from the same place (not sure if it
was around the same time, I think not as I had it around November) - it
arrived in time and I was considering buying more for my friends but
basically just got disinterested.

I've also had all sorts of problems shipping stuff to Italy, to the
extent that I simply won't post things there any more, in addition to a
Newton 2000U disappearing en route to France too, to someone
high-profile on the list who rejected my attempt to refund them and
hadn't responded to my emails, so I am guessing that two people were
pissed off by that transaction since they lost both money and a Newton
and I lost a Newton and presumably some credibility.

So the seller seemed very good to me. The DataRover had the special
cable and worked perfectly; I still have it but I have agreed to sell
it to one of my friends at Whitby; my other DataRover went to one of
the UK Newton enthusiasts when I migrated to Clie.

Richard

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)