Re: [NTLK] Faulty eMate (flashing screen)

From: Adam Ladds (aladds_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 09:02:35 PST

On Tuesday, March 15, 2005, at 04:07 AM, Woody Smith wrote:

> Have you tried a reset?

yes, it just waits a bit longer before flashing again

> On board memory failures seem to be very rare. I would disconnect the
> power adapter, open the back, disconnect the battery, remove ROM card,
> reseat the ROM card, connect battery, connect power adapter and hope
> for the best.

Ok, I have tried this and it just does the same thing (flash, flash,=20
pause, flash, flash, pause=85) it has no battery though, so I put one in=20=

from another emate (it's a dead battery, but the other one doesn't seem=20=

to care) and it still didn't work, swapped the ROMs over, still didn't=20=

work, swapped them back, still didn't work=85

I don't want to see this emate not used! It'd be great to get it going

cheers

Adam=