Re: [NTLK] [OT] Future Apple PDA? poll.

From: Adriano (adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 13 2005 - 01:37:08 PST

Take a look to the link below:

http://www.digibarn.com/collections/systems/mac-miko/index.html

Adriano

Il giorno 13/mar/05, alle 07:17, Peter H. Coffin ha scritto:

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 03:25:39PM +0100, oliver.brose_at_t-online.de
wrote:
> If battery-technology was better (say giving 10h of full use) and the
> whole thing came at 2,2 pounds max. I would like to see a 10 or 12"
> iBook with a touchscreen & a hinge that allows to just fold the
> screen over all the way to the back while automatically disabeling
> the keyboard & touchpad (which would have to be recessed or protected
> in a way they see no damage while used in this mode).

Central pivot hinge instead of hinging at the corners. Open lid like
normal laptop to 90 degrees, turn screen on axis that's perpendicular to
the plane of the keyboard, and then "close" lid back over the keyboard
with the display facing outward. Stylus can stow in the thicker edge of
the frame that contains the pivot. I'd prefer an emate-style stow than
an 2k style one as that would end up against the main deck when the
display is completely closed, and keep the stylus from being lost. Oh,
and make part of the frame at the "spine" edge accessable with a cut-out
suitable for either a security cable or shoulder strap and you've solved
the "but this is too big for my pocket" issue. Given a wide-screen
proportion, and you'll end up with a package just slightly larger than a
two DVD cases, a keyboard about the size of the Newton's, and just
enough
room for both a hard drive and an optical (CD/DVD) drive. Add a
mechanical interlock so the optical drive CANNOT eject with the cover
closed, but can with the display open or flipped, and you've got a very
nice package.

--
83. If I'm eating dinner with the hero, put poison in his goblet, then
have to