Re: [NTLK] [OT] Future Apple PDA? poll.

From: Adriano (adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 06:23:54 PST

Alex,

below you will read my personal opinions:

First i think that Apple will force over its own market producing a
PDA. In example the iPod/iTunes market is a miracle.
Instead of a miracle in the PDA market, i really expect something
similar to a miracle from Apple on producing its own hardware for
supporting "Voice Over" (on the Tiger release) for helping people with
handicaps.
[Just take a look on the photos of the portable hardware preferred by
Jef Raskin ---in memory of--- to have an idea of what i mean]

But staying on the mail subject, i think that Apple could reach the PDA
market with something similar to the newest Sony PSP (playstation2
portable) which is capable of:
  - integrated UMD and memorystick reader
  - integrated WiFi
  - Mobile phone capabilities available on external upgrade
  - Bluetooth [or a similar capability beside 30m rendevouz(?) functions]
  - 16:9 color display for playing movies
  - integrated speaker and microphone for music and recording
capabilities
  - Although i am not interested in games, obviously you can play
hundreds of them on a PSP
  - Internet ready

I think Apple newest PDA could have (other than "Mini OSX" installed
and HWR turned-on):
  - document scanning capabilities (i.e. see HP capshare 920 portable
scanner)
  - integrated Intel new generation chipset capable of contemporary
WiFi/Bluetooth connections (without interferences)
  - integrated WiFi hotspots scanning capabilities
  - full support for frogpad bluetooth keyboards
  - integrated micro hard disk
  - new concept of an Interconnect "26pin" port (or better else an iPod
dock port) for firewire and USB capabilities
  - integrated digital audio hardware [s/pif(?)]

Do you think that Apple (S.Jobs) will make its new PDA OS as a platform
non-compatible with Einstein?

Adriano