[NTLK] As long as Tom brought up Raissa...

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 13:36:11 PST

Can somebody please EXPLAIN Raissa to me in layman's terms?

From what I understand, it is supposed to convert/allow text (RSS feeds) from web pages to be read on the Newton. With its much larger screen, the Newton should be the perfect thing for reading news updates and so forth. The question is, does this work?

What I would like to do is be able to connect my MessagePad directly to my laptop and then download a bunch of web pages, just like my Pocket PC can do with AvantGo and Microsoft ActiveSync. Hello? Anybody? Buehler?

I do NOT want to have to download web content directly through the Newton's archaic web interface. I repeat, I do not want to have to use the Newton as my web device. I want to get the content on my PC and then put it on the Newton. Well? Doesn't seem like that tall of an order...

Warmest regards,

Matt K.