Re: [NTLK] [OT] New Apple "palmtop" rumors...

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 04:54:48 PST

Just wanted to throw in my own two cents as a consumer/activist,

All the high-tech mobile computing and telephony manufacturers are doing an F-ing fire drill, trying to converge their various technologies into one device. Why?
It's not because there's such a huge demand for such a device -- it's because they want to push consumers into purchasing more services (e.g. DOWNLOADABLE SUBSCRIPTION FEE CONTENT such as television shows, movies, yet more games, music, etc). I repeat, they want all of us to be dependent on paying monthly service fees for their entertainment.

I should be the one to determine if I want to be enslaved to these media wh_at_res; it should not be dictated to me by Industry. I wonder how much longer it will be possible to purchase a PDA that does not have a telephone built into it.

Matt K.

"F" cell phones!

"After all PDA makers are noticing a downturn in sales as people fold PDA functionality into mobile-phones. Perhaps if someone came up with a decent mobile/ipod hybrid (pref not Motorola as their mobil interfaces are truly dire) ? Nokia or SonyEricsson perhaps?"