Re: [NTLK] re MobileCalc/CalcSheet

From: Les (lvrooy_at_iafrica.com)
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 00:46:49 PST

Woody typed on Fri, 4 Mar 2005 08:09:35 -0600:
>The only spreadsheet I have used is the quickfigure >extension for
>NewtWorks. This only works on 2.1 newts.
>There are a couple of expense packages like Pocket Quicken >and Pocket
>Money but I don't know if they will do what you >want.

Thanks Woody. Well, I want to use it for all kinds of things a SS lends
itself too. eg. keeping score of tennis Round Robin matches (which I did
inquire about earlier on)... I also considered using it as an 'accounting
system' (tried it on my U2000), but things get a bit cumbersome after a
while. The 130's screen is bright and very readable in any lighting
condition with the backlight. I did end up using the U2000 this past
weekend, but with the 'not so bright' screen, mistook a 6 for a 5 and
almost cost one player a full ranking position!

Richard typed on Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:17:23 -0500:
>I do own QuickFigure Pro and it does fit and work on a stock >130. The
>basic package takes up less than 150k. The other >packages, like Matrix
>Solver and QChart are optional and >don't take up much room at all. If
>you're running out of room, >is buying a memory card an ooption?

Thanks for this info, Richard. The basic QF pacakge for Works takes up 236k
on my U2000 which made me 'assume' that the standalone Pro version would be
much larger. I will investigate further (the advertising hype did mention
'fast powerful').

Yes, a card is definitely on the cards (sic).

on Sat, 5 Mar 2005 14:36:41 +1100 Chris typed:
>Not exactly sure what you are really asking here.

Mmm, the second (or third?) response to this effect. I'm beginning to think
(admit?) I need a sentence construction kit!
As I mentioned earlier, all kinds of things a SS lends itself too.

>I have MobileCalc in it's original box under my house. I >originally
>bought it to use it on my MP120.

Can you comment on your experiences with it? Is it fast, does it support
landscape mode? Which versions of the OS is supported (1.x, 2.0, both)?

Thanks to all those who responded.

ps. Excuse the consolidated reply, I'm in Digest mode.

Les
ZAR