Re: [NTLK] New member introduction

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Mar 06 2005 - 09:53:12 PST

On Mar 6, 2005, at 4:26 AM, Henk Rijks wrote:
> <snip>
> I've noticed there are lots and lots of articles about what WiFi card
> to use and such. One question remains: whcih one will give the best
> results when used with public hotspots? At home I'm using a standard
> Draytek Router, so not much problems there, I hope.
Never heard of Draytek.

The only problem with public hot spots is if they require you to login
or signon through an SSL web page. Unfortunately since the Newton
doesn't support SSL this is a problem.

Also if resurrecting the emate, search the archives for stories on the
hinge issue, or just head over to Frank's fine site and look at AND DO
the hinge repair.
http://www.pda-soft.de/hardware.html
This is a design flaw, that will eventually hurt you.

Marty