Re: [NTLK] XP Question

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 16:33:47 PST

> My Inspiron 7500 laptop, after a hard crash
> (ya gotta love them 13 yr olds who want to chat
> with friends), now has CPU usage of 100%. No
> matter what I do, I can not get CPU usage to
> return to normal. Any suggestions?

1) Hit <CTRL> <ALT> <DEL>. This will bring up the
Windows Task Manager.

2) Click on the "Process" tab (second from the left).
This will show you all currently running processes.

3) Check which process shows next to 100% CPU usage.

4) Use Google to search for the name of this process.
That way you'll find out which application it is part
of.

5) If you are the adventurous kind, right-click the
process and select "end process". In rare cases
this will bring XP into a state that requires a
a reboot.=20

Cheers

Frank