Re: [NTLK] Newton to Ethernet Hub - OSX sharing internet connection

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 09:21:37 PST

On Mar 3, 2005, at 6:34 AM, Sebastiano wrote:

> I have the same problem.
> If I connect my MP2100 via Airport base station (DHCP) it works fine
> (resolve correctly DHCP).
>
> But when I tried to connect my MP2100 using sharing Os X connection
> of my
> Powerbook ( I have created wireless network DHCP with Powerbook and
> sharing
> ethernet internet connection for wireless devices) it does not resolve
> DHCP
> and hang up.

You can use a manual TCP/IP setup on the Newton. That will work
assuming the network connection is ok.

I have OSX 10.3.8 using internet sharing setup here and it works OK, so
this is certainly possible. Perhaps manually configuring your DNS
servers on the mac you are sharing from will help? If not manually
configuring the Newton is an answer.

Marty