Re: [NTLK] Lucent WaveLan Turbo Gold

From: Andrew Fox (andrewfox_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 00:54:51 PDT

Hi Alex,
I suppose this is what you'd call after sales support:) I'm the guy
in New Zealand who sold you the card and antenna.

It sounds like you may have a conflict with another package.

Most likely culprit is More Wi-Fi which you may have installed. Some
people have found that Hiroshi's driver and Paul's package can
peacefully co-exist. That includes me:)

Some have also found that with the Orinoco cards in particular you
need to either "freeze" More WiFi or remove it entirely.

I'd be trying a freeze first as a test and then go from there.

If that doesn't work then I'd be removing ALL third party packages
you may have installed including Hiroshi's driver. Reinstall the
latter ONLY and get your wireless connection working and then proceed
to adding the other pieces back in.

Hope some of the above helps you find the solution.

regards from little old and "COLD" New Zealand
Andrew