Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Brandnew Newton eBook: Cory Doctorow's

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 12:55:10 PDT

Subject: Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Brandnew Newton eBook: Cory Doctorow's
From: Marcus Hammerschmitt <Marcus.Hammerschmitt () t-online ! de>
Date: 2005-06-22 19:01:05

>>Man, this place is the official Cory Doctorow Fan Club! Make your self
>>a home here!
>
>I had my Newt read the novel's beginning to me via SpeakText, which
>added to the text's overall strangeness quite a lot. Very freaky.

Wow! Which Macintalk-voice did you use on your Newton? I'm sure Cory
would love to know about this! He writes something in the intro about
"do new things and let me know about". Tell him!

>>Feel free to give something back! ;=}
>
>That would be done via NewtonPress, correct?

That's one way of several. The Newton-Wiki lists plenty more. Well, at
least a couple. Check out http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt and there
the HowTo page.

Oh, right -- another gift-economy thing that's very cool to do is
documenting new stuff you experiment with step-by-step on the wiki, so
the next person will have it easier configuring stuff. Very good for
newbies to do! Any newbie can do that and help the community. The
generosity of reading stuffs that have been newtified in over twelve
years and all the collected collective knowhow at the Wiki are among
Newtonia's greatest virtue IMHO.

DJ Vollkasko