Re: [NTLK] [FS] Harris SuperTech 2000 on eBay

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 06:59:14 PDT

On 6/22/05, Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net> wrote:
> Could you tell us what NOS this thing is running?

I'll see sometime maybe later this week - the units are all boxed away
in storage in my basement.

> Also, does it have backlighting?

Yes, it has a backlight that's light blue in color. Though the
production (IMO) had a more standard green backlight similar to the
MP130 but not the exact shade of green.

From my conversations with Frank I would say that these backlights are
the retrofitted units that were installed by someone else...

I think it was a MP120 that was converted but I'd have to see what I
spoke about in previous threads with Frank.

(One of these HARRIS units somehow accidentally went into the
Messagepad Diagnostic Mode one day while I was testing an adapter I
made to use it with the Newton AC Adapter. It reflects in the pictures
I took that it was 'Messagepad Diagnostic 1.10' so it kind of throws a
wrench in my theory until I power up the unit or check my threads.
--=20
God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family