Re: [NTLK] smoking Newt

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 08:03:33 PDT

John,

you were quiet desperate but lucky at the end to connect the ac adaptor to
your other Newt.
But knowing that the adaptor works with the other Newt and that the source
of heat / smoke was near the power port of the Newton I rather think that
the zener diode to protect the Newt is gone and producing that heat and
smoke.

This should be replaceable easily.

Cheers
Johannes