Re: [NTLK] eMate and 3Com Ethernet card

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Jun 19 2005 - 09:11:12 PDT

> I'm trying to install the 3Com drivers for the Etherlink III on my
> eMate, but when I insert the card it said that it is not working. I
> saw on UNNA that this driver is supported for the 2000 and 2100, but
> the eMate is not mention. Is it why?
>
> Is it possible to make it work with the eMate?

Well if it works in a 2x00, it should work in the emate as long as the
card is 5v, otherwise it won't fit if I remember right.....there is a
different grove on the side that prevents it from being inserted fully.
  As I said I don't remember all the details but I know others on the
list will chime in if I have left anything out.

There are many different kinds of cards (some with the same name, yet
different versions), it might be that your card is not supported by the
driver. Again I am sure that others on the list that have done more
Newt networking than I will chime in.

-Dan