Re: [NTLK] NTLK] Net Hopper Help

From: Steve Weyer (saweyer_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 09:59:04 PDT

there shouldn't be much (if any) difference between the public
version of Newt's Cape and the versions for registered users for
basic processing & layout. so I doubt that's the problem. is
there anything unusual about the page like use of frames, or nested
tables, or https: ?

On Jun 18, 2005, at 12:43 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:35:39 -0400
> From: James Kunz <infinitedreck_at_gmail.com>
> Subject: [NTLK] Net Hopper Help
>
> I'm working hard to get my Newton connected to a Network here at this
> school. The problem is you have to register each device on a webpage
> that they direct you to when you open a browser. Courier will not
> load the page, just gives me a blank window. Net Hopper gives me a
> bunch of 404 errors. So i did some looking and found the .pkg from
> Padilla that would help possibly and get Net Hopper to be able to load
> the page. Unfortanantly, when I try to use NCU to transfer them it
> will not see the packages. Am I doing something wrong? Does anybody
> know either a way to fix this or a way to view this page. I tried
> NewtsCape, which I can see the page, and enter the information, but I
> can't hit the register button to finish it. It gives me an a message
> of Sorry a problem has occurred (-48402). I havn't registered
> NewtsCape yet. So that might be that problem.

Steve
weyer_at_kagi.com
http://www.kagi.com/weyer/