Re: [NTLK] Back light problem

From: David Golden (ikondave599_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jun 15 2005 - 14:24:03 PDT

On Jun 15, 2005, at 12:17 PM, hellsop_at_ninehells.com wrote:

>snip
>
> Do you have any objective reason to suspect that the backlight changed
> in any way, or would it be possible that this person's opinion of "dim"
> is exactly the same brightness as your opinion of "bright enough".

<snip

Not knowing this fellow, I can have no sense of his objectivity. All I
can say for sure is that the MP had a functioning backlight that I feel
is more than adequate. My specific question to the list is; could a
strong blow to the package or something that caused compression on the
screen surface cause damage to the back light. However, the fact that
he has offered to go ahead and get a new back light without asking me
for any money back does make me wonder about exactly how dim the screen
really is.

Frankly, I would much rather lose a few bucks than feel that I have
disappointed someone.

By the way, I feel compelled to comment that " ninehells.com " sounds
like something from a Buddhist cosmology.

Dave