Re: [NTLK] Newtsync connection tips

From: Mechcozmo (mechcozmo_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 18:25:53 PDT

Actually, all G4 PowerBook are known to have this "auto-sensing" port,
as well as the iBook G4s. I am not sure about the G3 PowerBooks
however.

You can have issues with connection drops as neither machine has an
IP. This is where Bonjour shines, seeing as you don't have to worry
about IPs. But seeing as relatively few devices support Bonjour...
AppleTalk is also pretty good, although it is fairly old. The Newton
should support AppleTalk just fine, but I'm not sure about OS X
supporting AppleTalk. See, OS X deems AppleTalk to be fairly old,
although it can connect to AppleTalk servers, but I am unsure of OS
X's ability to BE an AppleTalk server.

Enough of my technobabble that displays my geekery...
Mechcozmo