Re: [NTLK] Newtsync connection tips

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 15:41:54 PDT

On Jun 13, 2005, at 5:50 PM, Gregory Klingsporn wrote:

> Newtsync starts the barber-pole at the top of its window and says
> "Opening TCP/IP Connection"
>

>> 6. Hit Connect on the Newt. They should start talking.

You shouldn't try connecting your Newton until NewtSync on your
PowerBook says something like "Listening on All Ports." If it still
says "Opening TCP/IP Connection" and stays there, the problem is on
the PowerBook, specifically that it cannot start the process which
listens on port 15552. Try taking that stuff out of the router. I
just tried it with mine (Airport Base Station) with nothing
configured on the router, and it works. However, my firewall is ON
and it does specifically allow 15552. Maybe try that - turn the FW
on, and create an entry to allow 15552. See what happens then.

  - Dave