Re: [NTLK] [OT]Concerning Apple's Switch to Intel Chips...

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 13:01:49 PDT

And think of Intel! Talk about the cat that ate the
canary! Now they can not only dicated how the Windows
OS should operate, but now they can push Apple around
too! woo-hoo! what i would give to be Intel about now!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Martin Joseph <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2005, at 9:52 PM, Matt Baker wrote:
>
> > So, 15 YEARS of X86 experience for the Mac OS and
> they switched to
> > IBM why? Seems like a decision made in haste.
>
> I think they have now had a taste of the broader
> market via iPod and
> the Mac mini.
>
> Ultimately this is a decision to pursue the broadest
> market available...
>
> This is going to be a two edged sword of course...
> While there no
> longer will be a need to struggle for processors to
> compete with
> "other" PC vendors, but now the there will be an
> "apples to apples"
> comparison for performance.
>
> Anyhow, it is still a future plan, so the roadmap
> could change.
> Perhaps a consumer level adoption of intel, and a
> workstation class
> Power5?
>
> A boy can dream,
> Marty

"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html