Re: [NTLK] question about wireless cards

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 05 2005 - 19:49:16 PDT

On 6/5/05, Thomas Isenbarger <isen_at_charter.net> wrote:

> > Sony Vaio PCWA C-150 (late version, early ones had a green label) if
> > not then its a C-150S
>=20
> will these both work? what other low-profile sony cards will work?
> i checked the driver labo page but didn't see any sony cards listed
> there.

Thomas,
The SONY card is seen as a Lucent/Orinico Gold IIRC.
You just need the Driver Lambo drivers and it works just as is.
No More WiFi is needed.

In my Wallstreet PowerBook it's detected as a Airiport Card
If you've seen an Original Airport Card it's the same shape.
The add on antennae is minimal.

One this that will be nice is when Einstein is done we won't be
limited to 16 bit WiFi cards. (this I assume) Paul can you answer this
definitively please.
--=20
God bless,

Sonny Hung