Re: [NTLK] NCU newbie

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 00:55:57 PDT

In fact NCU can back up 32MB flash cards without problem.
This is what I tested and practiced.
There are a few little things to keep in mind:
1) you definitely want a fast connection to do the backup
        Ethernet is the fastest so far. Depending on how reliable your wireless
connection is
        you can go for the wireless or the wired solution.
2) make sure that all the extensions you need for the Ethernet connection
reside in the Newts INTERNAL memory
3) make sure that you do a full backup and that your backup directory on the
Mac is empty.
        Otherwise NCU tries to do a differential backup and there very often
problems do appear.

What I really do not know is how the partions are handled by NCU ...

Another possibility would be of course to insert both cards into the Newt
and move the packages that are moveable. For the rest you can use a tool
(IIRC it was called packagebuddy or packagemover)to unlock the packages and
then they should be moveable as well.

Cheers
Johannes