Re: [NTLK] [OT[ Re: Tiger Direct Hard Drives

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Jul 29 2005 - 12:10:14 PDT

On Jul 28, 2005, at 6:43 PM, Martin Joseph wrote:

> After three calls to Tigerdirect (one hangup on there part), I spoke =
> a gentlemen who informed me that the item in question had been drop
> shipped from the distributor (Techdata? Ingram?) in Georgia, and that
> they (the shipper) had recalled it upon realizing the pricing error.
> They offered it to me at cost $3hundred something...

Is that sort of thing even legal? I mean, I once bought a subwoofer at=20=

Walmart some years ago. I was expecting to pay something like $100, but=20=

it rang up for about $40. I told the clerk, like a dummy, and after she=20=

consulted with the manager, he told her that she needed to ring it up=20
that way, and that the error was theirs, and they had to honor it. I=20
don't know if it was just a Walmart policy or what, but having a=20
shipper recall something after it shipped is _really_ out there, IMO...

--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"If your pictures aren=92t good enough, you=92re not close enough." - =20=

Photojournalist Robert Capa