[NTLK] Request for information

From: Matt Howe (matthowe_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 20:59:28 PDT

Hi,
Can anyone out there give me a line by line exchange between a Newton and
NCU? Obviously not an entire session, but the opening session that brings
you to the menu? I am looking at making a Sync utility for Windows XP. I
hope to eventually make it TCP/IP compatible. My plan is to start with a
simple link up via com port, then a simple export from the Newton. Next an
import to the Newton and finally switch functionality to the TCP/IP
protocol. The ideal situation would be to have the utility support both
serial and TCP/IP. And to be built in two pieces. The first piece would
create a file to hold the Import/export info for the Newton. The second
piece would vary depending on what you were syncing to. I do have all of the
DIL documentation but I can't seem to make sense of it. If I could just see
what the exchange looks like I think I can figure it out. So, any hints
would be appreciated.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe_at_comcast.net
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41/