[NTLK] NCU on PC fails NewtonWorks Export

From: Jon Scordia (jscordia_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 08:52:01 PDT

Hi list, back again.

I'm still trying to download an important Newtonworks document via NCU on a standard serial connection.

NCU allows me to select the particular file, however on proceeding it gives me the following error:

"The connection was stopped because of a communication error. (-1)"

On searching the errors databases a -1 error doesn't seem to be listed.

I've tried saving a copy, have checked there are no full stops, slashes etc in the first few lines, but cannot export this document.

I've tried creating a blank document and that works fine. If I cut and paste the text from the offending document into the blank and it wont export! There is nothing untoward within the Newtworks doc, just formatted text.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Is anyone out there writing an nSync plugin for Newtworks? THAT would make my day!

Thanks

Jon