[NTLK] Keyboard use WAS: [FS] Selling a whole bunch of Newton stuff (cases, keyboard, network, odds and ends)

From: William Pociengel (hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 10 2005 - 16:49:24 PDT

Marcus Hammerschmitt wrote:
> At 07:12 10.07.2005, you wrote:
>
>>Victor Rehorst wrote:
>>
>>>Michael Blazer wrote:
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>>-Newton Keyboard (kind of surprised about this one...)
>>
>>not really, I originally bought one but ended up being so happy with the
>>HWR that I never used it much.
>

> I'm using it daily. I can't write larger texts like this one
>
> http://www.cityinfonetz.de/homepages/hammerschmitt/low_engpoly.html
>
> with HWR. True keyboard and Newt are cumbersome to carry
> around, but still it's the best way for mobile word processing to me.
<snip>
ahh for that I can see, but then for me I never attempted to write an
entire book either ;-) My use typically consists of notes and maybe a
couple of pages of reports, email, time tracking and all of the little
things that would otherwise end up on scraps of paper or written here
and there. My Newt tends to be a collector for my thoughts and right now
it has collected back to about 1998 when I got the 2100 to replace my
8month old 2000 (i sent the mp2k to germany for the upgrade but I use
the 2100 primarily)

my current toy for schoolwork and well this ;-) is a new powerbook,
12inch. If anything were to supplant the Newt it'd be the powerbook but
HWR requires the addition of the Wacom on the powerbook and I really
don't care for the lack of control over the Wacom Graphire, also too slow.