[NTLK] Total frustration - about to bin it!

From: Brian (spylaw4_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 06:30:15 PDT

I am just about at the end of my tether with this thing (2000)! If I
can't get it to connect reliably to the internet so that I can search/
browse and more importantly email - then most reluctantly I will have
to get rid of it as I'm wasting too much valuable time going round in
circles. It's a great concept and it does a pretty good job of
interpreting my writing, but.....!

It seems to connect by Ethernet ok and when I pinged it from the
router it responded, but the main problem seems to be that it can't
generally for some reason resolve the IP address of the smtp server.
I have the ISP primary SNS server entered in the setup.

Every so often I take it by surprise and it emails (Simple Mail) ok -
but when I try to repeat the process just after that it fails. Why
should this happen? Any clues as what I can do except sell it on?

Please help as I don't really want to part with it but if I can't get
this sorted it will have to go!