Re: [NTLK] Uploading Newton to iCal with NewtSync

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 10:15:09 PDT

> On Jul 6, 2005, at 2:10 PM, Richard wrote:
>

>> Hi. I'm a long time Newton owner, and I have about 9 years of address
>> book and calendar data on my Newtons. It's time to move on finally,
>> and I bought a Treo 650. I've been trying to use NewtSync 0.3.3 to
>> get data off my Newton into my Pismo (PowerBook G3 Firewire) running
>> Tiger (X.4.1) so I can synch it into the Treo. So far, I've had no
>> success after three all-evening sessions in spite of some brave
>> assistance by the technical assistance volunteers at my Mac user
>> group, the Washington Apple Pi. I hope you can help.

Richard, I've got a Pismo and Newton as well - perhaps I can help
you. I'm located in Bethesda in case you're close by and we can try
it here. If not, ring me up on AIM (udog124) and let me know what
happened when you tried to do it, and what you were using (TCPI/IP,
Serial,...), and I'll see if I can get you going.

- Dave