Re: [NTLK] PhoneNet RJ11 cabling

From: James Elliott (jie_at_ou.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 11:31:24 PDT

It uses the two wires not used by your phone (unless you have caller
ID, I think). Are you saying you only use two-wire cables from your
wall to your phones or that the wiring in the walls is only two-wire?
I assume the former. If that's the case and you want to run LocalTalk
through your house lines, all you need is regular four-wire cabling for
the LocalTalk devices and a bit of modification to the box where your
phone connection enters your house. Hit me offlist and I can help you
set it up.

-James