Re: [NTLK] [OT] system 7 and osx

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 11:24:32 PDT

On Jul 5, 2005, at 1:18 PM, Joel M. Sciamma wrote:

> I don't have a machine with System 7 running at the moment but your
> only hope is either to enable TCP/IP file sharing under 7 (if it had
> it then) or fileshare your 10.4 machine over Ethernet with AppleTalk
> enabled in the system prefs.

I suppose it's also worth mentioning that you need to be using Open=20
Transport, not the classic network services in 7.5.3. IIRC, with 7.5.3,=20=

OT was not the default installation. There was an AppleScript or applet=20=

you could run to toggle between the two. The easiest way to tell is to=20=

see if you have the MacTCP control panel (the older, unwanted system)=20
or the TCP/IP control panel in your Control Panels folder.

--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"If your pictures aren=92t good enough, you=92re not close enough." - =20=

Photojournalist Robert Capa