[NTLK] Well, I'm back, I think

From: Adamson_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 14:21:00 PST

Wow, does this list bring back memories. It is good to see that so many of
you are still around (Laurent, Robert, Paul to name a few). Even better that
you are still using the Newt. It gives me hope.

I left about three years ago now, went to the iPaq. It wasn't long before I
left that and went to Palm. Actually, a Palm phone. I got tired of carrying
a phone and a PDA. Almost got to the point I had to carry a purse. LOL! I
have been lurking for a few days. I will comment on that seperately.

 Now I want my Newton back. So, I dug them out (I have three, a 2000u and
two 2100, plus an eMate), charged them up and started playing again. Gee,
some of the things come back quicker than others. Like the v to bring two
letters together. It took me a couple of hours to remember that scrubbing was the
way to erase. Relearning some of the programs like Dashboard, Freeze
Utilities

The main reason for coming back? Handwriting recognition, hands down.
Graffiti sucks. So does, fitaly even though I have it on the Newt. I have
always been able to get a good 95% accuracy. Of course, there will be problems.
Like I used to use a Mac, now I am stuck with Windows. No serial ports
anymore, hmmm that's going to take some thinking. I found some of my 3.5
diskettes with programs, but no way to get it on to the Newt. You know, little
things. In the scope of things they are little. I can log a reminder,
appointment, or to do in seconds compared to the other PDA's.

Thanks for still being here and you can count on my asking questions of the
"masters," in subsequent posts.

Bob Adamson
adamson_at_aol.com