Re: [NTLK] Wow! Who says you can't run OS X on an Apple IIgs!

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2005 - 14:59:59 PST

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 01:31:25AM +0000, Richard Kilpatrick wrote:
> <snip> @^@&$*@* character set bug again!
>
> Unless there is a dollar sign, amounts are in pounds. I have no idea
> where the hard line break code is coming from. I think that using a
> pound sign triggers this messed up reformatting.

Ecartis (the mailing list software) doesn't like some kind of encodings
of characters sets. It rewrites the MIME encoding header without
actually doing the decoding. Using "GBP" works around that.

--
48. I will treat any beast which I control through magic or technology with
    respect and kindness. Thus if the control is ever broken, it will not