Re: [NTLK] Wi-Fi connection to OS9 NCU

From: Robert Hollyer (r_hollyer_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 18:18:02 PST

I tried the suggestion of selecting a default printer,
but it didn't effect the results.

I do have Appletalk enabled on both the Newton and the
8100. The Newton has the Wavelan driver slip enabled
for Appletalk. And the Newton Appletalk preferences
file is set to Ethertalk using a Wavelan card.

The 8100 has Ethernet enabled for both Appletalk and
TCP/IP. I selected a printer on both the 8100 and the
Newton, but the Newton still cannot find the 8100.

If I switch the Newton preferences slip back to
Localtalk and the 8100 Appletalk back to Localtalk
serial port, then NCU functions correctly and the
systems see each other. I'm stumped.

I have even tried an Asante 10/100 Nubus card with the
same lack of results. Maybe I should try connecting to
an OS X CPU instead.

Rob