Re: [NTLK] Wow! Who says you can't run OS X on an Apple IIgs!

From: Richard Kilpatrick (dmc12_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 17:25:49 PST

On 30 Jan 2005, at 00:05, Grant Hutchinson wrote:

> In a previous message, Richard Kilpatrick typed vigorously:
>
>> http://homepage.mac.com/r.t.kilpatrick and hit 'Geeking'.
>
> And the man owns an Apple IIc Flat Panel display too? Do you know how
> long I have tried to find one of those. Nice. Not that it's very =
likelt
> to happen, but if you ever plan to sell it... let's talk.

It is for sale - everything that I feel is redundant or can be replaced=20=

in the US (the //c, not the display which I simply don't make use of),=20=

but I suspect it might be expensive. My //c system cost =A3200, and I=20
don't really want to split the display - but even with those scratches=20=

(there are scratches in the bottom left quadrant), the display cost me=20=

$197+shipping to the UK - and to be honest I thought I'd got a bargain=20=

at that, even with the scratches - the one just prior to it sold for=20
nearly $800 IIRC.

They're illegible (by design - the greenscreen isn't behind it for=20
show) and that one is missing the clips that hold it to the //c as well=20=

as having those scratches. I think I will get my =A3200 (or more) on UK=20=

eBay, but partly because //cs - $5 junk in the US - often sell for over=20=

=A3100. The LCD display, I can't even imagine what that would do to the=20=

auction!

Only Apple things not for sale are some of the upgrades in my IIe=20
Platinum (which are loaned), and my IIgs which was built by shipping=20
stuff over from the US anyway, and would cost as much there to replace.=20=

Even then, I'd consider it if someone in the UK offered me enough - but=20=

given that the RamFAST SCSI card often sells for over 200 Euros, they'd=20=

have to offer a /lot/!

Richard
--=20
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)
G.A.S. http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/music/
Platform: PowerMac G5 2.0GHz Dual, 20" LCD, Logic, Hammerfall.