Re: [NTLK] Passing on ROM images

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 09:23:07 PST

On Jan 29, 2005, at 8:47 AM, Sonny Hung wrote:

> A suggestion & question at the same time.
>
> Would it be better if a person confirm that a newt user actually had
> at least a ROM board before giving them a ROM dump or should we just
> avoid this possibility completely?

Avoid it completely. Paul has provided a mechanism for owners of
working MP2000's to extract there own ROM image.

Considering this is only a Developer release. Competent developers and
others can get there own ROM image.

There is no reason to risk infringing just for people who are aren't
able or don't actually even own a working MP2000/2100...

It would REALLY SUCK if Apple decided to stop Paul from completing a
working end user release, via legal nonsense.

PLEASE PEOPLE. Do not ask for ROM images here.

Marty