Re: [NTLK] What is the slimmest case for the 2100?

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 08:30:10 PST

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 11:17:34AM -0500, Dan wrote:
> Newt-2 wrote:
>
> > What is the slimmest case for the 2100?
> >
> probably a plamtree glove (aka ebbcase) or one of the flip over cases
> that were made for some company. The "flip over" have a hand hold
> strap in the back, one velcro cover slot on the side for the upper PC
> slot, and the screen is protected by a cover that flips back (over
> the top of the Newt) and has a metal insert for screen protection.
> Both cases are lightly padded. The "flip over" case is more easy to
> find and often quite a bit cheaper than the palmtree. But the palm
> tree has storage for 2 cards and access to both ports without needing
> to remove the Newt.

Interesting. The case I referred to sounds somewhat like the glove case
you refer to, but it has a pocket only big enough for one card (and
barely that, it's very flat -- business cards fit okay) and access
to both PCMCIA slots, and no handstrap. The "storage for two cards"
thing is puzzling, because otherwise the description matches. I'd
never be able to put two cards into the pocket without stacking them
and stretching the leather so much that only one card in it would be
constantly at risk of sliding out.

--
It is odd, but on the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon
in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to