Re: [NTLK] How to kill the newton

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 21:36:38 PST

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 02:38:53AM +0100, Adriano wrote:
> "The only way the newton could be dragged down is by running off the
> RS422
> -232 data or handshakes signals. They are rated to take a full short
> to ground - so you can't kill the newton.."
>

> Please, anyone could help me to understand what does it mean?

It means a serial cable wired wrong will just make the connection not
work, not hurt your newt. (What it does to the other end of the serial
connection is not guaranteed.)

> Another thing:
> anyone has got any other idea of the ways a Newton MP2k could be
> completely fried??!

Sure. Use the wrong power adaptor. That kills more Newts than anything
else, even dropping on concrete.

--
63. Bulk trash will be disposed of in incinerators, not compactors. And they
    will be kept hot, with none of that nonsense about flames going through