Re: [NTLK] Harris SuperTech 2000 (tidbits)

From: Adriano (adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 18:10:05 PST

Sonny

i read the Russ posting about the eBay auction of the Harris Supertechs
too.
I would not want to risk to receive a broken item after a long and
expensive shipping to here in Italy.

You have been very luck on having the chance to buy three of them.
I had a bit of luck too: some days ago i received a really brand new
Datarover with new batteries, new case, and PC cable
(a quick note: the Datarover connection works on RS485)

The Datarover it's very nice with its Rosetta recognition, internal
modem and audio I/O capabilities.
Although every function as faxing, mailing, voice recording etc etc is
pretty stable, in my opinion it's not comparable to the NewtonOS....the
MagicCap software appears to me as a C64 videogame.

If interested i could mail some photos.

My little dream: Schlumberger's Watson and its dock.
Simply wonderful

Adriano