Re: [NTLK] Earthlink Send Mail Issue

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 12:52:05 PST

avernier_at_earthlink.net wrote:
> Ok,
> How do I change the authentication? I dial into earthlink and
> receive/send using the same connection. I have not found a place
> winthin Enroute where I can put in authentication or anywhere else.

Tony,

EnRoute doesn't support SMTP authentication. It was written before many ISPs
started using it.

SimpleMail 4 and Mail V do.

To set it up, you need to add an SMTP Server entry into your worksite(s).
This allows you to set the name of the SMTP Server to use (smtp.earthlink.net)
as well as the username and password to authenticate with. I believe
EarthLink uses the same username/password as your POP3 setup.